segunda-feira, 29 de junho de 2020

Like a jigsaw I assemble the fuzzy images in my head,
They hide a message deep deep inside...
They say I don't want to be whole again,
But I refuse these thoughts of dark ends...
Although I make myself this way...
Every day!
She was my queen...
She was my darling...
I was her everything...
To a point of time...
To a place of crime,
Where my soul had died...
And love was forever cast to be someone else's...
But mine...
Happiness is captive in the past,
And thoughts of the future look stormy.
I am in a constant struggle with myself,
Looking for a better me,
But looking forward to meet you in the prelude of the end...
It's getting to hard to believe things will get better,
When this vessel sails into the waves hopeless,
When the crew has been dragged across the seven oceans for foal's gold...
And came back with nothing but sand in their chests,
And blood in their tears.
Still... So still... my heart lies afraid of beating to hard...
Hard, but so hard is this rock that I call heart that I fight any flame that might spark it once again.
I am in fright, when nothing more lies for me but the solitude of my soul,
When life's sweet surprises keep eluding my grasp,
Why am I here? Seeking for a purpose in all the wrong places...
Should I be better at loving? Or showing how much I care?
Should I be someone else? Was I not there?
Nothing comes close...
Like the first time I bathed in your waters,
Like the first time you said you wanted to grow old with me...



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

I feel the ropes of the ship tightening as the wind picks up... The boards crank and moan as if they had something to say, As the silence ar...